Process For Placement
- Complete and submit the first part of our application through the NICS website.
- If you appear to meet the qualifications we are seeking, we invite you to fill out the Interview form, which is the second part of our application. If married, your spouse is asked to complete a separate employment application if he/she is seeking employment. If your spouse is not seeking employment, he/she should complete our spouse application. Next, we contact the references (pastoral, professional, and personal) that you are asked to provide on the Interview form.
- Following a thorough review of your completed application, if we determine that you meet our qualifications for placement consideration we will try to match you to a position opening and put you in contact with a school administrator.
- If the administrator agrees to interview with you, this interview may happen via telephone/webcam, email, and in person when possible. During these interviews you are able to ask any specific questions you may have. It is at this point that information about salary, benefits, housing, and other specifics of the position are exchanged.
- The administrator decides if an employment offer will be extended to you.
- You decide whether to accept the position or look to NICS for alternatives. (Alternatives are based completely on the need of our schools at that moment; we cannot guarantee that there will be other options available).
- If you decide to accept the position, you (and spouse, if applicable) are required to read the NICS Missions Manual and sign the accompanying Missions Manual Statement of Acceptance form. Your signed consent for NICS to conduct a criminal background check is also required. These forms are part of the missionary appointment documents that you will need to complete before receiving clearance to travel overseas.
- You are required to attend the NICS pre-field training program called IMPACT before leaving for your assignment.