Physical Education Teacher, Elementary
JOB DESCRIPTION – Elementary Physical Education Teacher
Nairobi is the capital and largest city in Kenya, having about four million inhabitants. West Nairobi School (WNS) is located in Karen, Kenya, a suburb in the west of Nairobi. Adjacent to the Ngong Forest, WNS is a very beautiful place. The temperature is consistent year-round, remaining between 20 and 27 degrees Celsius (65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit) with rains occurring in November-December and again in March-May. English is one of the official languages of Kenya, Kiswahili being the other. Tourism is the top industry in Kenya, followed closely by the tea and coffee industry.
West Nairobi School is an international school that partners with parents to provide an education of excellence from a Biblical worldview based on North American curriculum. West Nairobi School strives to nurture the academic, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual development of the whole child. WNS serves children in grades pre-K through 12 from missionary, diplomatic, international business, and Kenyan families.
- Create positive educational classroom for students to learn in.
- Promote Physical Literacy, Health and Wellbeing through quality instruction based on the SHAPE 2013 Physical Education Curriculum.
- Support the development of athletics through Elementary Athletic Clubs and Extracurricular Activities.
- Share the gospel daily with students as a class and individually with the goal of creating disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Ensure consistent Biblical Illumination throughout the curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver highly engaging instructional activities based on outcomes of curriculum
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development to meet school and individual goals.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop a professional learning community.
- Build positive relationships with parents and the WNS community.
- To live a life reflective of Christian principles and practices in and out of the work environment, including personal online profiles.
- Safeguard the interests of the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) and West Nairobi School (WNS) and its mission/vision.
- Be responsible to carry out those items at the school level that are distinctive of NICS schools as presented in the NICS Missions Manual, and WNS policies and procedures manual.
- Provide leadership in the accomplishment of the spiritual mission of the school.
- Responsible for the timely communications to administration and other faculty.
- Have a consistent Christian lifestyle
- Agreement to the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Statement of Faith and completed required NICS processing documents
- Appropriate interpersonal and social skills when relating to students, parents, and other teachers
- ACSI or state certified teacher in elementary physical education
- Commitment to Biblical Illumination throughout the PE curriculum
- Proven experience teaching Physical Literacy and promoting healthy, active lifestyles among Elementary Students
- Previous coaching experience with elementary students would be an asset
- Flexibility as subbing may be needed in any grade at short notice
- Effective communication skills with parents and students