Elementary Teacher, Grade Three
West Nairobi School is a vibrant and growing school that has been experiencing God's blessing. We are excited to be adding a number of new positions to our school to help us reach the growing number of families choosing West Nairobi School for their child's education. Now is a great time to join a growing team of professional Christian educators in Kenya!
JOB DESCRIPTION – Grade Three Teacher
Nairobi is the capital and largest city in Kenya, having about four million inhabitants. West Nairobi School (WNS) is located in Karen, Kenya, a suburb in the west of Nairobi. Adjacent to the Ngong Forest, WNS is a very beautiful place. The temperature is consistent year-round, remaining between 20 and 27 degrees Celsius (65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit) with rains occurring in November-December and again in March-May. English is one of the official languages of Kenya, Kiswahili being the other. Tourism is the top industry in Kenya, followed closely by the tea and coffee industry.
West Nairobi School is an international school that partners with parents to provide an education of excellence from a Biblical worldview based on North American curriculum. West Nairobi School strives to nurture the academic, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual development of the whole child. WNS serves children in grades pre-K through 12 from missionary, diplomatic, international business, and Kenyan families.
- The elementary at West Nairobi consists of one class of the Early Childhood Learning Center (pre-kindergarten), one class of Kindergarten, one class of grade one and two classes of each grade from grade two to grade five.
- Students enjoy a wide variety of elective classes in addition to the core programming. Elective teachers provide instruction in aquatics, physical education, music, Kiswahili, Library, computers, English Language Learning and Educational Resource.
- Class sizes are around 15-20 students.
- The elementary has approximately 150 students.
We are looking for a godly committed teacher to join the Elementary School Team. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest spiritually and academically and to help foster learning and development.
- Create a positive educational classroom for students to learn in.
- Share the gospel daily with students as a class and individually with the goal of creating disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Ensure consistent Biblical illumination throughout the curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver highly engaging instructional activities based on outcomes of curriculum.
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development to meet school and individual goals.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop a professional learning community.
- Build positive relationships with parents and the WNS community.
The candidate must possess:
- A consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Meet certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency.
- Successful classroom teaching experience or alternate experience working with students.
- Agreement to the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Statement of Faith and completed required NICS processing documents.
- Appropriate interpersonal and social skills when relating to students, parents, and other teachers.
- Effective communication skills with parents and students.