Administrator, High School Principal (Fall 2021)
JOB DESCRIPTION – High School Principal
West Nairobi School is a vibrant and growing school that has been experiencing God's blessing. We are excited to be adding a number of new positions to our school to help us reach the growing number of families choosing West Nairobi School for their child's education. Now is a great time to join a growing team of professional Christian educators in Kenya!
Nairobi is the capital and largest city in Kenya, having about four million inhabitants. West Nairobi School (WNS) is located in Karen, Kenya, a suburb in the west of Nairobi. Adjacent to the Ngong Forest, WNS is a very beautiful place. The temperature is consistent year-round, remaining between 20 and 27 degrees Celsius (65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit) with rains occurring in November-December and again in March-May. English is one of the official languages of Kenya, Kiswahili being the other. Tourism is the top industry in Kenya, followed closely by the tea and coffee industry. West Nairobi School is an international school that partners with parents to provide an education of excellence from a Biblical worldview based on North American curriculum. West Nairobi School strives to nurture the academic, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual development of the whole child. WNS serves children in grades pre-K through 12 from missionary, diplomatic, international business, and Kenyan families.
The role of the WNS High School Principal is to provide instructional leadership and support for the teaching staff in the high school.
WNS School Director
- Provide Spiritual Leadership to staff and students.
- Provide Instructional Leadership, ensuring academic goals of the school are met.
- Develop and facilitate leadership capacity among staff and students
- Manage school operations and resources in collaboration with the Field Leadership Team
- Work with the Field Leadership Team to develop an inclusive school community with Christ as our center.
- Foster effective relationships with parents and the WNS Community.
- The candidate must possess:
- Evidence of spiritual leadership and maturity
- Current state or provincial issued certification; ACSI administrator certification
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or Curriculum/Instruction
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a preparatory role
- Effective communication skills with parents, teachers, and students
West Nairobi High School Profile:
- The high school at West Nairobi School consists of two sections of high school (grades 9-12).
- The high school has approximately 110 students.
- The high school has 16 teaching faculty including art, physical education, and special education teachers.