Administrator, Elementary Principal
Nairobi is the capital and largest city in Kenya, having about four million inhabitants. West Nairobi School (WNS) is located in Karen, Kenya, a suburb in the west of Nairobi. Adjacent to the Ngong Forest, WNS is a very beautiful place. The temperature is consistent year-round, remaining between 20 and 27 degrees Celsius (65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit) with rains occurring in November-December and again in March-May. English is one of the official languages of Kenya, Kiswahili being the other. Tourism is the top industry in Kenya, followed closely by the tea and coffee industry. West Nairobi School is an international school that partners with parents to provide an education of excellence from a Biblical worldview based on North American curriculum. West Nairobi School strives to nurture the academic, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual development of the whole child. WNS serves children in grades pre-K through 12 from missionary, diplomatic, international business, and Kenyan families.
Create and maintain a positive learning environment, supporting every student, and professional in every aspect. Thus effecting student learning and staff development through mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve school wide curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
WNS School Director
- Provide Spiritual Leadership to staff and students.
- Provide Instructional Leadership, ensuring academic goals of the school are met.
- Develop and facilitate leadership capacity among staff and students
- Manage school operations and resources in collaboration with the Field LeadershipTeam
- Work with the Field Leadership Team to develop an inclusive school community with Christ as our center.
- Work with school team for accreditation.
- Foster effective relationships with parents and the WNS Community.
- The candidate must possess:
- Current state or provincial issued certification
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a preparatory role
- Flexibility of schedule
West Nairobi Elementary School Profile:
- The elementary at West Nairobi consists of one section (class) of the Early Childhood Learning Center (pre-kindergarten) to grade five.
- The elementary has approximately 150 students.
- The elementary has 12 teaching faculty including art, music, physical education, and special education teachers. Staff includes three to four elementary aids.