English Teacher, Secondary
Job Title : Elementary Teacher
The purpose of this role is to interact with the students to foster the growth of personal character, relational skills, content mastery and the learning processes within a safe, caring environment.
- Exhibits professionalism in service to students, in supporting policies and regulations, in leading activities, and in decision making; and is a student advocate.
- Designs and implements instructional resources and plans engaging lessons.
- Uses subject mastery and best practices to reach a diverse group of learners.
- Employs a variety of instructional strategies to reach the whole child: mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Regularly assesses student learning and uses assessment data to guide instruction.
- Provides a classroom environment that is safe, welcoming, respectful, and well managed.
- Utilizes educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
- Cooperates with staff in other departments and works as a team member in educating the students.
- Willingly takes on assignments outside of their subject areas as the needs arise.
- Contributes to the overall safety and improvement of the school.
- Functions properly under time constraints and performs well under pressure.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in education and/or the field of study which he/she will be teaching (highly qualified)
- Certified as an educator (stateside/provisional)
- Has at minimum 2 years of teaching experience
- Demonstrates a reasonable level of literacy in technology
- Must have experience doing lesson plans and classroom management, handling discipline proactively
- Manages a classroom well and brings enthusiasm for learning to the students