Administrator, K-12 Principal
K-12 Principal Job Description
International Christian School of Pyeongtaek, located in the city of Pyeongtaek, is approximately 50 miles south of the city of Seoul and has a steadily growing population of approximately 400,000 people.
Pyeongtaek and its surrounding area has been chosen by the US military to be a "hub" location for Korea and the school is close to Osan Air Force Base and Camp Humphries Army Base. The school's proximity to these military installations impacts school enrollment and approximately 40% of the students have parents who work for defense-related companies.
ICS-Pyeongtaek follows a Kindergarten thru Grade Twelve American education program and is seeking educators who have enthusiasm and passion for Jesus Christ. Second only to their passion for Christ should be their passion for the profession of teaching. They must love working closely with their peers and they should enjoy forming strong, personal relationships with their students.
Create and maintain a positive learning environment, supporting every student and professional educator for maximum results. Enhancing student learning and staff development while achieving school wide curricular goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
- Provide Spiritual Leadership to staff and students.
- Provide Instructional Leadership, ensuring academic goals of the school are met.
- Develop and facilitate leadership capacity among staff and students
- Manage school operations and resources in collaboration with the Director and the Field Leadership Team
- Work with the Field Leadership Team to develop an inclusive school community with Christ as the center.
- Work with the school team for accreditation goals.
- Foster effective relationships with parents and the school Community.
The candidate must possess:
- Current state or provincial issued certification
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a preparatory role