This position will ideally be based in the western region of the US and will travel extensively throughout the western half of the US and Canada. The ideal candidate has served with NICS overseas for at least two years, has a friendly personality, is proactive and organized, and has leadership skills.
NICS Job Description
Job Title: Regional Recruiter
Department: Recruiting and Placement
Reports To: Recruiting and Placement Director
Job Type: Full Time
Revised Date: June 14, 2019
Regional Recruiters assist the Home Office by performing the recruiting duties listed within this Job Description and generally following the policies and procedures given in the NICS Home Office Policies and Procedures Manual.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Promotes a strong, positive public image of NICS/Oasis.
- Communicates effectively to engage current and future stakeholders and candidates following the department communication strategies.
- Maintains a clear understanding and communication plan for sharing NICS vision and mission, history, NICS current affairs, the application process, and current hiring needs
- Distributes marketing materials that cultivate a strong, positive public image of NICS/Oasis
- Promotes NICS/Oasis at Christian universities, churches, mission-centered events, and other organizations.
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts at colleges, churches, and other organizations to advocate for NICS/Oasis and to help identify, nurture, and refer qualified candidates.
- Promotes NICS/Oasis at recruiting fairs and professional events.
- Promotes the student teaching program and the NICS referral program.
- Posts and maintains job posting on professional, university, and mission-centered job boards.
- Nurtures potential candidates that are undergraduates or are interested in NICS/Oasis but that do not currently fit needs/criteria.
- Travels regularly (2-3 weeks/month) to make public presentations and or represent NICS at colleges, churches, education conferences, mission conferences, recruiting fairs, and other events that are conducive to promoting the mission of NICS/Oasis.
- Arranges own schedule and travel for recruiting in compliance with guidelines established by the home office and the director of recruitment and marketing.
- Supervises remote recruiters to cover events in your recruiting region. This includes scheduling events, approving expenditures, and providing feedback and training.
- Submits financial reports in a timely manner to the Recruiting and Placement Director as discussed in the Home Office Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Maintains files and records including contacts, event information, travel records, and receipts.
- Assists the Director of Recruiting and Placement with the planning and promotion of the NICS/Oasis Job Fair.
- Assists the Director of Recruiting and Placement with implementing strategies and plans that encourage current and past network stakeholder identification and advocacy.
- Participates yearly in the new employee training program, IMPACT.
- Assists the Director of Recruiting and Placement with department development and improvement projects.
- Maintains regular communications with the NICS/Oasis Recruiting and Placement Director about upcoming trips, projects, presentations, and required paperwork and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by the NICS/Oasis Recruiting and Placement Director.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A NICS/Oasis alumnus would be ideal for this position.
- The minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a preferred background in education and/or missions.
- Ability to effectively present information clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to respond appropriately to questions from prospective applicants, educational leadership, church leaders, and the public.
- Ability to read and write at a professional level.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence (use of computer and email skills is required).
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, MailChimp, HootSuite, Dropbox, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.
- Ability to effectively lead a small team.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and guidelines.
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Ability to communicate the vision and mission of NICS/Oasis.
- Ability to support the leadership of NICS/Oasis.
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts to sufficiently record and track travel expenses.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The ability to set travel and daily schedules to maintain maximum productivity while on trips.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and maintain maximum productivity while working from home.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Driver's License in the state of residence.
- Ability to physically carry personal luggage and the NICS display and related promotional materials generally weighing 50 pounds or less.
- Ability to set up and take down a recruiting display.
- Ability to travel 2-3 weeks a month.