Elementary Teacher, Lower Grades
Lower Elementary Teacher
This vibrant school in East Asia is located in a large metropolitan area with a mild climate. It has a large student body and serves the children of expatriates from over 25 countries. Like all other OASIS schools, it is regionally accredited and offers a solid, college preparatory curriculum. The school follows an American school calendar starting in mid-August and ending in early June.
The elementary school offers a full program of electives including foreign language, music, library, physical education, art, English for Language Learners, and computers. After school clubs include reading, ballet, soccer, drama, foreign language, orchestra, and much more. Every spring students participate in a service learning project in order to invest in the community.
The middle school serves grades 6-8 and provides a safe homeroom environment focused on core classes and project-based learning. Additionally, the high school offers AP classes, sports, drama, student government and other service learning activities.
They are looking for qualified teachers, who are well prepared academically, as well as being caring individuals who focus on the needs of the students in their classrooms. Teachers who have a heart for children and a desire to see them grow intellectually, socially, and physically will find this an ideal place to work. The faculty becomes part of a true community.
- Exhibits professionalism in service to students, in supporting school policies and regulations, in leading activities, and in decision making; and is a student advocate.
- Designs and implements instructional resources and plans engaging lessons.
- Uses subject mastery and best practices to reach a diverse group of learners.
- Employs a variety of instructional strategies to reach the whole child: mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Regularly assesses student learning and uses assessment data to guide instruction.
- Provides a classroom environment that is safe, welcoming, respectful, and well managed.
- Utilizes educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
- Cooperates with staff in other departments and works as a team member in educating the students.
- Willingly takes on assignments outside of their subject areas as the needs arise.
- Contributes to the overall safety and improvement of the school.
- Functions properly under time constraints and performs well under pressure.
- Strives to understand and appreciate the local culture and demonstrate cultural sensitivity to the local and the community.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in education and/or the field of study which he/she will be teaching (highly qualified)
- Certified as an educator (stateside/provisional)
- Has at minimum 2 years of teaching experience
- Demonstrates a reasonable level of literacy in technology
- Must have experience doing lesson plans and classroom management, handling discipline proactively
- Manages a classroom well and brings enthusiasm for learning to the students