Administrator, Assistant Elementary Principal
This vibrant school in East Asia is located in a large metropolitan area with a mild climate. It has a large student body and serves the children of expatriates from over 25 countries. Like all other NICS schools, it is regionally accredited and offers a solid, college preparatory curriculum. The school follows an American school calendar starting in mid-August and ending in early June. The elementary school offers a full program of electives including foreign language, music, library, physical education, art, English for Language Learners, and computers. After school clubs include reading, ballet, soccer, drama, foreign language, orchestra, and much more. Every spring students participate in a service learning project in order to invest in the community. The middle school serves grades 6-8 and provides a safe homeroom environment focused on core classes and project-based learning. Additionally, the high school offers AP classes, sports, drama, student government and other service learning activities. They are looking for qualified teachers, who are well prepared academically, as well as being caring individuals who focus on the needs of the students in their classrooms. Teachers who have a heart for children and a desire to see them grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically will find this an ideal place to work. Faculty come to be a part of a true community.
The Assistant Elementary Principal’s primary role is to support the work of the Elementary Principal and to complete tasks which are essential to the Elementary Division. The Assistant Elementary Principal reports to the Elementary Principal and is responsible for assisting to manage the daily business of the elementary division. Along with working directly for/with the Elementary Principal, the Assistant Elementary Principal will assist in providing leadership to develop and maintain a stellar elementary educational program which maintains high educational standards and encourages staff and students towards being their best.
- Assist with the organization and execution of Elementary Activities and events
- Attends Principal Team meetings to discuss, plan and implement school-wide academic programs.
- Administers student discipline as referred by classroom teachers with adherence to student discipline procedures/policies as assigned by the Elementary Principal.
- Assists in overseeing teacher coverage personnel for teachers absent from their responsibilities.
- Coordinates MAP Testing for Elementary
- Provides direction for parent/teacher and student-led conferences.
- Assumes responsibility as assigned for specific committee work.
- Assumes responsibility as assigned for special programs (“One Hundred Days of School, Science Fair, Elementary Christmas Program, Reading Challenge, etc.”).
- Assists in planning for and leading in special events (Open House, Fifth Grade Promotion, Spelling Bee, Awards Programs, etc.).
- Promotes extra-curricular activities for students (clubs, field trips, assembly, etc.).
- As assigned performs observations, walk throughs, and contributes to the evaluations and supervision of applicable teacher assistants, instructional staff, and volunteers.
- Recommends upkeep and development of facilities and equipment related to Elementary Division.
- Support Elementary Guidance Counselor & Elementary Principal with parent meetings, correspondence, and communication
- Plans agendas and conducts elementary school staff meetings in the absence of the Elementary Principal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in School Leadership is preferred.
- Experience in School Administration and Supervision is preferred.
- Preferred minimum 2 years experience teaching and 2 years in administration.
- Meet the certification standards set by WASC and other accreditation agencies.
- Ability to clearly communicate and represent the school well to the community.
- Ability to assist in managing a diverse staff.
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy.
Elementary Guidance Counselor, Elementary Staff, Elementary Assistant
Reports to and Supervised By:
Elementary Principal (evaluated annually)
Salaried, 12 month, 1 year contract, renewable annually