Science Teacher, Middle School
International Community School (ICS) was founded in 1993 and offers an affordable, quality, character-based education. We provide our students with a dynamic, challenging, and holistic American-based college preparatory curriculum.
The ICS mission is “educating minds and transforming lives to impact the world for the glory of God”. We drive this mission through our core values: personal excellence, academic excellence, caring community, and Biblical worldview. We view every student as a gift from God entrusted to us by their parents.
We are committed to educating students holistically in a nurturing environment that includes comprehensive and challenging opportunities in academics, creative arts, spirituality, athletics, extra-curricular activities, and service.
Job Posting Title: Middle School Science
A Middle School Science teacher at ICS must have a strong understanding of the next generation science standards, Amplify Science, and have experience closing the achievement gap; They must also develop engaging and innovative lessons that allow our students to grow academically, socially and emotionally. The teacher should be confident in incorporating technology and hands-on learning experiences into the classroom with enthusiasm and also believe in collaboration with other colleagues and promote understanding and communication in a diverse learning and cultural environment. All ICS teachers are faithful followers of Jesus who lovingly models Christian values and has a heart for sharing Christ with students.
Teaching credential from a US state, Canadian province or from ACSI
Experience working with students
Knowledge of physics and chemistry preferred.
1. Identify the needs of students through diagnostic procedures and align instructional objectives to these needs.
2. Plan, prepare, and execute appropriate lessons, utilizing appropriate resource materials and activities.
3. Maintain student records as required by the school.
4. Communicate with parents, students, and other professional staff regarding student progress (behavioral and academic).
5. Follow the prescribed scope and sequence of curriculum and assessment as scheduled.
6. Follow school policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines and the provisions of the contract.
7. Assess student learning against the appropriate standards on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
8. Maintain proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises utilizing teacher created discipline plans in conjunction with a school-wide discipline plan.
9. Inform the administration if/when unable to fulfill any duty assigned. Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher.
10. Employ a variety of instructional aides, methods, and materials that will promote best practices in order to reach the whole child as stated in the ICS mission statement.
11. Impact student learning through mastery of the subject material by utilizing varied teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy. Updated Nov 2022 Page 1 of 2
12. Ensure Biblical Worldwide Integration throughout the mapped curriculum.
13. Complete lesson/unit plans, Atlas, ESO documentation, and PLC expectations within specified time frames.
14. Plan and lead a student Chapel when called upon.
15. Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
16. Complete the Christian Philosophy of Education in-service program within the first three years of teaching at ICS.
17. Attend and participate in devotions, teachers’ meetings, evening programs (if involving his or her students or as requested by the administration), and other meetings as assigned.
18. Carry out supervisory duty as assigned (before school, break, lunch, after school).
19. Maintain a classroom in a clean and educationally stimulating environment.
20. Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade reports that provide comprehensive information for each student’s learning progress.
21. Keep students, parents, and the administration informed of students’ progress or deficiencies, and provide sufficient and timely notice to parents when students fail to meet learning standards.
22. Submit all appropriate reports to the administration, guidance office, and business office as required by school regulations or as requested.
23. Work with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
24. Complete professional development programs as required by the administration and/or ICS Board.
25. Maintain teaching credentials as required through sponsoring agencies (state/provincial education department, ACSI, etc.). Acquire and maintain teaching credentials as required by the laws of Singapore, NICS, and/or ICS.
26. Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
27. Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
28. Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, open-mindedness, dignity, and consideration.
29. Respectfully submit to and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.
30. Maintain a personal appearance that models cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and is in agreement with school policy