International Community School - Singapore
TITLE: Executive Assistant to the Director
1. Working knowledge of MS Office applications and Google applications
2. Telephone and messaging skills
3. Detail oriented, very organized, good time management, and ability to organize and supervise complex tasks
4. High School diploma – college degree preferred
5. Proficiency in spoken and written English
6. A Christian in agreement with the school’s mission and statement of faith.
7. Excellent inter-personal skills and experience handling confidential topics with discretion
REPORTS TO: Director
JOB GOAL: This person will provide support for the Director in completing their daily tasks in order to help them remain organized and effective in their role as school leader. The person will also assist other administrators with tasks as time allows; however, the primary role will be in support of the Director.
1. Assist the Director in maintaining clear communication by helping to compose letters, handle phone calls, schedule meetings, keep records at meetings, filing, and screening calls, and manage the director’s calendar
2. Make travel arrangements
3. Mange director’s expense filing and tracking
4. Complete confidential administrative tasks
5. Sort mail and highlight items that will need the Director’s input.
6. Keep the Director informed of upcoming important dates and meetings
7. Schedule meetings for the Director.
8. Accomplish other clerical tasks for the Director including filing, ordering materials, completing necessary forms, etc.
9. Set up and manage systems to track projects and deliverables from the leadership team. Take the lead with department heads to ensure follow through on projects and tasks.
10. Ability to work from broad and sometime very general, objectives to complete special projects as assigned by the Director.
11. Recruit and supervise volunteers working on special projects for the director’s office.
12. Ensure all director’s office announcements are communicated through various communication medium.
Review all publications (printed and electronic) for accuracy and consistent messages as it relates to the Director’s office
13. Organize hosting of special guests and parents of prospective students as needed on behalf of the director
14. Ensure that the Director’s office presents an image of professionalism and competence to parents and the public.
15. Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, patience, self control,
perseverance, orderliness, and punctuality.
16. Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
17. Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity and consideration.
18. Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.
19. Maintain a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste and in general agreement with school policy.
20. Assist the Director in preparing reports.
21. Other responsibilities/duties as assigned by the Director.