Administrator, Elementary Principal
JOB DESCRIPTION – Elementary Principal
International Community School (ICS) is located in the modern, efficient, island nation of Singapore. English is one of Singapore’s four official languages, so those moving to Singapore usually have no difficulty settling into and getting around in the city. ICS-Singapore has a Kindergarten - Grade Twelve program that follows an American-based curriculum with some modifications to reflect its Southeast Asian environment. ICS-Singapore is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) as well as the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and our graduates have been accepted by an array of American and international universities. ICS - Singapore strives to challenge its students to explore God's world around them through creative hands-on projects as well as teacher-student dialogue and interaction, while at the same time establishing a high standard of achievement. ICS encourages its students to use their unique gifts to stimulate them to think beyond the memorization of facts and apply the knowledge they have gained. Our teachers are the most important part of our curriculum, and they treat each student with love and respect while at the same time exercising firm discipline when necessary. Integration of Christian character and Biblical teachings into our curriculum is a major focus of ICS.
To provide leadership in the elementary school with a focus on delivering a distinctive Christian educational philosophy. To develop an excellent educational and ministry program that maintains a safe and positive learning environment for students.
Elementary School faculty and student groups
1. Be accountable to the Director for operations of the elementary school.
2. Be responsible to carry out those items at the elementary level that are distinctive of NICS schools as presented in the NICS Partnership Document and the NICS Missions Manual.
3. Provide leadership in the accomplishment of the spiritual mission of the elementary school.
4. Be responsible for expediting directives from the Director concerning matters directly related to the elementary school and the operation of the school.
5. Be responsible for the efficient administration and effective functioning of the elementary school.
6. Manage personnel affairs at the Elementary school level including recommending continuance, dismissal or discipline of elementary staff in conjunction with the Director.
7. Assist the Director in the hiring of elementary faculty and staff members who are evangelical, mission-minded Christians, in agreement with the school’s philosophy and statement of faith, agree to abide by school policies, meet academic/certification requirements and are committed to the mission of the school and NICS.
8. Lead the elementary staff is such a way as to ensure that the mission/philosophy, vision, goals and objectives, and Statement of Faith of NICS and the local school are followed and/or achieved.
9. Be responsible for direct supervision of the elementary faculty.
10. Conduct elementary faculty meetings as needed or required.
11. Proofread elementary progress reports and report cards prior to dissemination to students/parents.
12. Coordinate the elementary chapel programs.
13. Coordinate special events related to the elementary program.
14. Supervise instruction, assist teachers, coordinate in-service programs, orientation, faculty meetings, etc. related to the elementary school.
15. Check teacher lesson plans and grade books for the elementary school.
16. Interview and make recommendations of new student admissions as delegated. Be responsible for recruitment and admission process for elementary students.
17. Evaluate elementary programs and recommend changes as appropriate.
18. Provide checkouts for assigned staff at the end of the year including inventories, cleaning, storage, projected orders, etc.
19. Provide leadership and assistance in the discipline of elementary students.
20. Evaluate elementary programs and personnel and recommend changes as appropriate.
21. Administer the elementary school in accordance with the approved philosophy, policies and procedures.
22. Assist Director in development and production of promotional materials.
23. Assist the Director by researching and recommending suggested policies for the efficient operation of the School.
24. Prepare and present any reports to the Director as requested.
25. Assist the Director with Parent-Teacher activities related to the School.
26. Assist the Director as needed in the development and dissemination of the school’s Parent/Student Handbook and Faculty Handbook.
27. Assist the Director with staff development, retreats, etc. as requested and as needed.
28. Assist the Director and school business manager in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
29. Observe each teacher in various teaching situations, following up each observation with a post observation conference and written report as required by school policy.
30. Review elementary curriculum, make suggestions for adoption, order and maintain inventories of materials, texts, supplies, etc.
31. Work in coordination with the Director and other Principals in the development of duty rosters, use of facilities and schedules.
32. Train faculty and staff in the routines of daily operations e.g. attendance, records, grading, reporting, etc.
33. Safeguard the interests of the school’s mother organization (Network of International Christian Schools) and her mission.
34. Assist Director with public relations, addressing requests, and answering inquiries.
35. Complete any other duties as assigned.
36. Oversee the execution of the ESL and learning support programs.
The candidate must possess:
- A Master’s degree with a major in educational administration
- Meets certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency responsible for issuance of school’s accreditation
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Vice-President of NICS and the School Director may find appropriate and acceptable.