STEM/Technology Teacher, Elementary/Secondary
JOB DESCRIPTION – Elementary/Secondary STEM/Technology Teacher
ICSL is located at The Union Church of Lima, in Miraflores, near the corner of Angamos Oeste and Santa Cruz.
The mission of International Christian School of Lima is to provide a quality education in the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical dimensions of life; to instill in each student a Biblical worldview, a respect for people of all cultures and religions, and a desire for academic excellence.
Located in beautiful Miraflores, the International Christian School of Lima is meeting the needs of Lima’s international residents. The school offers a full English education program for elementary, junior high school and high school families who work in Lima as businessmen, military personnel, missionaries, diplomats, and embassy staff from many different countries.
Create a positive learning environment reflective of the love of Christ, supportive of every student, and professional in every aspect. Thus effecting student learning through mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve high school math curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
The STEM program at ICS Lima prepares students to make real world connections from science, technology and math to everyday experiences. The intricacies of science, technology and math are celebrated in the classroom as students are taught that they are endowed with the ability to understand their world by the great Creator (Exodus 35:30-33).
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward curriculum goals and student learning.
- Uses technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
- Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEM initiatives and curriculum.
- Organizes, develops, and coordinates special STEM events/activities.
- Coaches teachers on STEM initiatives and instructional best practices in the STEM areas.
- Serves as liaison to prospective or selected STEM vendors, to determine the best resources, options and innovations that will optimize the learning experience for students and staff.
- Initiates new programs that support the STEM vision.
- Shares STEM events and activities through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Current and valid teaching license.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics and/or Science and/or STEM preferred or related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proven track record in the use of a rich array of instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve instruction, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively.
- Evidence of productive experience with problem-based learning.
- Evidence of planning, organization, and time management skills that will bring structure and accountability to the position.
- Proven ability to apply science and/or math content knowledge, formative assessment, and technology integration at a high level.
- Deep understanding of student learning theory, brain-based learning, and differentiated instruction.
- Proven ability to collaborate with teachers regarding student learning.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- 3 or more years of experience.