Learning Support Teacher
Job Description: Learning Support Teacher
ICSL is located at The Union Church of Lima, in Miraflores, near the corner of Angamos Oeste and Santa Cruz.
The mission of International Christian School of Lima is to provide a quality education in the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical dimensions of life; to instill in each student a Biblical worldview, a respect for people of all cultures and religions, and a desire for academic excellence.
Located in beautiful Miraflores, the International Christian School of Lima is meeting the needs of Lima’s international residents. The school offers a full English education program for elementary, junior high school and high school families who work in Lima as businessmen, military personnel, missionaries, diplomats, and embassy staff from many different countries.
Create a positive learning environment reflective of the love of Christ, supportive of every student, and professional in every aspect. Thus effecting student learning through mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve applicable curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of learning difficulties.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities.
- engage in academic activities with selected students either one-on-one or in small groups.
- Provide support within the regular classroom when needed.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to assess the student’s needs and how best to address them.
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher to define appropriate support activities and accommodations within the regular classroom.
- Modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to develop independent learning habits.
- Teach personal development skills such as goal setting, independence, and self-control.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
- Sponsor extracurricular activities such as clubs, student organizations, and academic contests.
- Safeguard the interests of the school’s mother organization (Network of International Christian School) and her mission.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Develop and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, students, and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.
- Accept responsibility for other assigned duties deemed necessary by the Director for the operation of ICS Lima.
The candidate must possess:
ICS-Lima is looking for an individual who holds teacher credentials in the area of special education.
The preferred candidate will possess:
Experience in Promethean Boards
Experience in standards-based school setting