Art Teacher, K-12
JOB DESCRIPTION – K-12 Art Teacher
ICSL is located at The Union Church of Lima, in Miraflores, near the corner of Angamos Oeste and Santa Cruz.
The mission of International Christian School of Lima is to provide a quality education in the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical dimensions of life; to instill in each student a Biblical worldview, a respect for people of all cultures and religions, and a desire for academic excellence.
Located in beautiful Miraflores, the International Christian School of Lima is meeting the needs of Lima’s international residents. The school offers a full English education program for elementary, junior high school and high school families who work in Lima as businessmen, military personnel, missionaries, diplomats, and embassy staff from many different countries.
Create a positive learning environment reflective of the love of Christ, supportive of every student, and professional in every aspect. Thus effecting student learning through mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve high school math curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
The art program at ICS Lima prepares students to make real world connections from art content to everyday experiences. The glory of God’s creation and creativity is celebrated in the classroom as students are taught that they are endowed with individual creativity by the great Creator (Exodus 35:30-33).
- Teach K-12 art classes following prescribed standards and benchmarks.
- Teach secondary art elective classes based around drawing, sculpture, printing, painting, etc.
- Supervise an after school art activity/club.
- Safeguard the interests of the school’s mother organization (Network of International Christian School) and her mission.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Develop and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, students, and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.
- Accept responsibility for other assigned duties deemed necessary by the Director for the operation of ICS Lima.
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Exemplifies strong Christian character
- Native English speaker
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Certified teacher with art education degree
- Teaching experience