Administrator, Assistant Principal
ICSL is located at The Union Church of Lima, in Miraflores, near the corner of Angamos Oeste and Santa Cruz. The mission of International Christian School of Lima is to provide a quality education in the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical dimensions of life; to instill in each student a Biblical worldview, a respect for people of all cultures and religions, and a desire for academic excellence. Located in beautiful Miraflores, the International Christian School of Lima is meeting the needs of Lima’s international residents. The school offers a full English education program for elementary, junior high school and high school families who work in Lima as businessmen, military personnel, missionaries, diplomats, and embassy staff from many different countries.
Create a positive learning environment reflective of the love of Christ, supportive of every student, and professional in every aspect. Thus effecting student learning and staff development through mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve school wide curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
Under the guidance of the Principal, the Assistant Elementary Principal shall be responsible for the following:
- Review elementary curriculum, make suggestions for adoption, order and maintain inventories of materials, texts, supplies, etc.
- Coordinate all elementary schedules, use of facilities, duty rosters, etc.
- Evaluate elementary programs and personnel and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Provide spiritual leadership; coordinate prayer meetings as assigned, counsel staff as appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee the MAP testing program
- Coordinate AP testing for high school students
- Maintain professional relationships with and among faculty especially in the application of Matthew 18 in problem resolution.
- Provide checkouts for assigned staff at the end of year including inventories, cleaning, storage, projected orders, etc.
- Establish and monitor co-curricular activities to challenge the students to active, positive, Christian living.
- Act as liaison between the principal and elementary faculty.
- Plan for the academic and technical growth for all elementary staff
- He/she shall be required to keep himself/herself knowledgeable concerning new and significant studies in curriculum.
- Work with the principal and director in the development and continual updating of the total curriculum by working with the grade-level teachers in selecting new courses, new texts, and instructional materials.
- He/she shall be responsible to see that student records are kept as required in the Faculty Handbook.
- He/she shall work with elementary teachers in order to insure that the curriculum guidelines are followed in each grade level requirement.
- He/she will assist teachers in delivering the curriculum that is required (i.e. – observation, demonstration, development plans).
- He/She will address all discipline needs at the elementary level, adhering to the behavior guidelines stated in the Elementary handbook.
- He/she will perform all other duties as assigned by the Director or his designee.
-Must have at least 5 years of teaching experience
-Experience at the elementary level is preferred
-Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Field from accredited university, Master’s degree preferred
-Must be born-again Christian with solid Christian testimony
-Meets certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency responsible for issuance of school’s accreditation
-Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the NICS Vice President of School Operations and the Director/Principal may find appropriate and acceptable.