JOB DESCRIPTION – Guidance Counsellor
Highlands International School is located on the outskirts of La Paz, the capital of Bolivia. La Paz is home to approximately 2.5 million people and includes many of the world's Embassies which makes it a safe place to live. The city has a rich culture and the school is surrounded by some of the most beautiful and amazing scenery in the world.
The mission at Highlands is to glorify God as we provide a quality education in a Christ-centered environment that will, in all aspects, equip and motivate students to be servant-leaders who demonstrate Christ-like compassion and Biblical stewardship in La Paz and around the world.
Create a positive and creative learning environment that reflects the love of Christ, that is supportive of each student and professional in all aspects of the job. The use of a variety of counselling methods and focusing on each students needs and interests will ensure that all students will achieve their full potential in devoloping socially and emotionally and preparing for their college experience.
- Counsel students at the high school levels (Grades 9 through 12) using a variety of approaches and prepare students for college by considering their strengths and interests.
- Participate in School Improvement Committees (Curriculum Review, Accreditation, Curriculum Writing, Professional Development, Departmental Meetings) when scheduled.
The candidate must possess:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Masters degree in school counselling
- Current state or national certification