Math/Science Teacher, Secondary
At Bandung Alliance Intercultural School (BAIS), we're on a mission to transform hearts and minds in our diverse community. Our vision is to be a hub where learners bridge cultures and broaden perspectives through authentic and meaningful experiences, discovering their purpose and developing their passions to positively impact their world. We are committed to providing our students with an education that not only meets rigorous academic standards but also fosters social, behavioral, and emotional growth.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Secondary Math/Science Teacher to join our dynamic educational community. As a Math/Science teacher, you will have the opportunity to inspire and educate students in these critical disciplines, nurturing their curiosity and problem-solving skills while fostering academic excellence and personal growth.
- Curriculum Development: Develop and implement engaging and relevant math and science curriculum, including Advanced Placement (AP) level courses, aligned with academic standards and tailored to students' diverse learning needs.
- Effective Instruction: Deliver high-quality, interactive, and student-centered lessons, fostering a deep understanding of mathematical and scientific concepts.
- Differentiated Learning: Adapt teaching methods to meet individual student needs and support diverse learning styles, while encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Assessment and Feedback: Regularly assess student progress, provide timely feedback, and maintain accurate records of student performance.
- Classroom Management: Create a positive and compassionate classroom environment that promotes active student participation and a love for math and science.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with fellow teachers and staff to integrate cross-disciplinary concepts and promote a holistic educational experience.
- Professional Development: Stay current with best practices in math and science education, actively engaging in ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Communication: Maintain open and regular communication with students, parents, and colleagues to provide updates on students' progress and offer support when needed.
Current state or provincial issued teacher certification or ACSI Certification
Minimum of an undergraduate degree and 5 years of teaching experience or a Masters in education and 3 years of teaching experience
Overseas Direct Hire (ODH) status.
Sign an initial 2-year contract with a resigning bonus provided after your first 2 years.
Annual travel stipend
Comprehensive health insurance coverage
Professional development opportunities
(Local Hires please inquire about the benefit difference provided at BAIS)
Want to Join our Team?
If you are a passionate educator committed to engaging all learners in the classroom based on their individual needs and are dedicated to our mission and vision, we encourage you to apply for this exceptional opportunity to shape the future of 1st Grade students at BAIS.