The BAIS teacher is the school’s most important resource. BAIS is committed to finding the most highly qualified, Christian teacher for each position at the school. Administratively BAIS is proud of the dedication and commitment of BAIS teachers to the eternal lives of BAIS students and facilitating their success in school and in their postsecondary endeavors!
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in education and/or the field of study which he/she will be teaching (highly qualified)
- Certified as an educator (stateside/provisional) and/or be ACSI certified as a teacher
- Is between 25-58 years old and has at minimum 5 years of teaching experience with a bachelors degree or 3 years experience with a masters degree.
- Demonstrates a reasonable level of literacy in technology
- Manages a classroom well and brings enthusiasm for learning to the students
- Displays a consistent Christian testimony among his/her family and peers
A BAIS teacher…
- Is a strong Christian witness to families, students, colleagues and outside community.
- Places the teaching ministry ahead of outside or volunteer work.
- Designs and implements instructional resources and plans engaging lessons.
- Uses subject mastery and best practices to reach a diverse group of learners.
- Employs a variety of instructional strategies to reach the whole child: spiritually, mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Regularly assesses student learning and uses assessment data to guide instruction.
- Provides a classroom environment that is safe, welcoming, respectful, and well managed.
- Utilizes educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
- Cooperates with staff in other departments and works as a team member in educating the students.
- Willingly takes on assignments outside of their subject areas as the needs arise.
- Contributes to the overall safety and improvement of the school.
- Functions properly under time constraints and performs well under pressure.
- Strives to understand and appreciate the local culture and demonstrate cultural sensitivity to the local and BAIS community.
REPORTS TO AND SUPERVISED BY: Principal (Secondary or Elementary)
POSITION TYPE: Salaried, 185 day contract, 2 year initial contract, renewed annually.
Specific duties for the teaching assignment will be in the
curriculum guides and as assigned by principal