Administrator, Elementary Principal / Curriculum Coordinator
The country of Indonesia is a tropical country made up of more than 17,000 islands stretching 3,000 miles along the equator. Bandung Alliance Intercultural School (BAIS), a Pre-School 3-12th grade international school is located on the Island of Java, which is the most populated island. BAIS offers an American style curriculum with an intentional focus of achieving international curriculum standards and benchmarks. BAIS offers a variety of Advanced Placement (AP) courses through the College Board at the high school level. Because of its membership with Virtual High School, BAIS can offer around 150 elective courses to its students. BAIS operates as a private non-profit school to serve the international community. BAIS provides quality education in the traditions of classic, conservative ethics and values. The school ministers to the whole person; therefore, its program is directed toward individual development and enrichment in the following areas: intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual, and social. The program incorporates citizenship training, character development, personal values, and ethics.
Oversee staff, influence and enforce policy and procedures, and direct the educational program of the elementary school. The Curriculum Coordinator facilitates discussion, research, and oversees the review of curriculum, providing teachers with the best resources and plans to achieve teaching objectives.
- Lead elementary school division and coordinate schoolwide curriculum
- Assist the school director in accomplishing the academic goals of the school
- Supervise teaching faculty and staff
- Supervise curriculum committees
- Assist in organizing professional development for faculty
- Foster positive relationships with parents and the community
The candidate must -
- Have an Administrative Certificate (Standards set by WASC and ACSI)
- Possess a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership
- Have a minimum of 3 years working in academic environment
- Be 26-55 years of age (for Indonesia visa requirements)
- Clearly communicate the vision and mission of BAIS to the community