5th Grade Teacher
At Bandung Alliance Intercultural School (BAIS), we're on a mission to transform hearts and minds in our diverse community. Our vision is to be a hub where learners bridge cultures and broaden perspectives through authentic and meaningful experiences, discovering their purpose and developing their passions to positively impact their world. We are committed to providing our students with an education that not only meets rigorous academic standards but also fosters social, behavioral, and emotional growth.
We are seeking an experienced 5th Grade teacher with a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience to join our dedicated team. As a 5th Grade teacher at BAIS, you will play a crucial role in preparing students for their academic journey ahead, fostering independence and global awareness.
English Language Arts: Science of Reading
EL Curriculum: An English Language Arts resource aligned with Common Core Standards. This curriculum focuses on reading comprehension, writing skills, grammar, and literature analysis.
Zearn: A math resource aligned with Common Core Standards. Zearn is known for its interactive and engaging approach to math instruction, helping students develop a deep understanding of mathematical concepts.
New York State Social Studies: A curriculum based on the New York State Social Studies Framework, which is aligned with the C3 (College, Career, and Civic Life) Standards. This resource covers topics related to history, geography, civics, and economics.
Mystery Science: A resource designed to align with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Mystery Science offers hands-on and inquiry-based science lessons that encourage students to explore and discover scientific concepts through engaging experiments and investigations.
"How Majestic Is Your Name?" is a Bible resource designed for students to explore the significance of 40 names of God, gaining insight into God's character and attributes. Developed according to school-created standards, this resource places a strong emphasis on Biblical Literacy, Theology/Doctrine, Biblical Worldview and Biblical Application.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Implement Science of Reading and/or Orton Gillingham Reading Approaches to enhance literacy skills.
- Utilize Responsive Classroom approaches for classroom management, emphasizing positive reinforcement and logical consequences.
- Expertise in small group instruction and differentiated teaching to meet diverse learning needs.
- Proficiency in the American curriculum, emphasizing hands-on, collaborative, differentiated, and flexible teaching methodologies.
- Familiarity with Schoology as a learning management system and experience with one-on-one Chromebook devices. (or other similar learning management systems)
- Knowledge of Standard Based Grading
Current state or provincial issued teacher certification or ACSI Certification
Minimum of an undergraduate degree and 5 years of teaching experience or a Masters in education and 3 years of teaching experience
- Overseas Direct Hire (ODH) status.
- Sign an initial 2-year contract with a resigning bonus provided after your first 2 years.
- Housing stipend
- Annual travel stipend
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage
- Professional development opportunities
- Sick leave
- Local Hires please inquire about the benefit difference provided at BAIS.