Elementary Classroom Teacher
Elementary Classroom Teacher
The candidate must possess:
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience
- Current state or provincial teacher credentials
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
-Experience using a balanced literacy approach to reading instruction
-Willingness to work as a member of grade-level and school-wide learning communities
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Masters in Education
- Experience teaching in an International and / or cross-cultural environment
-Familiarity with Every Day Math
OBJECTIVE: Create a positive learning environment reflective of the love of Christ, supportive of every student, and professional in every aspect.
REPORTS TO: Grade Level Principal
- Content Knowledge
- Effect student learning through mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
- Instructional Design and Implementation
- Follow prescribed scope and sequence.
- Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child.
- Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum.
- Assess the academic progress of students on a regular basis and provide reports as required.
- Identify the needs of students through diagnostic procedures in the subject areas where appropriate and relate instructional objectives to these needs.
- Plan, prepare and execute appropriate lessons, utilizing appropriate resource materials and activities.
- Classroom Management
- Maintain a clean and educationally stimulating environment.
- Maintain proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises utilizing teacher-made discipline plan consistent with and supportive of the school-wide discipline plan.
- Maintain student records as required by the school and stated in the faculty handbook.
- Professional Development
- Maintain state/provincial teaching credentials.
- Complete the ACSI Christian Philosophy of Education requirement.
- Participate in prescribed, collaborative, and personal professional development opportunities.
- Complete prescribed reflective activities.
- Develop healthy patterns of self-reflection and assessment.
- Communicate with parents, students, and other professional staff regarding student progress (behavioral and academic).
- Develop and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, students and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity and consideration.
- Follow all guidelines for confidentiality.
- Mission Mindedness
- Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
- Attend and participate in devotions, teachers’ meetings, evening programs if involving the teacher’s students or as requested by the administration, and other meetings as assigned.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by example and by exhibiting spiritual leadership among peers and students.
- Demonstrate the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Community Responsibilities
- Follow school policies, procedures, rules, regulations, guidelines and the provisions of the contract and as outlined in the Faculty and Staff Handbook and other school publications.
- Perform assigned supervisory duties and responsibilities (before school, break, lunch, after school, etc.) and inform the proper administrator in advance if unable to fulfill any assigned duty.
- Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher.
- Maintain and submit in a timely manner regular and accurate attendance, grade and other records.
- Cooperate with YISS administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Safeguard the interests and mission of the school and its organization (NICS/Oasis).
- Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Abide by and support all policies of Y.I.S.S. and NICS/Oasis.