Data Systems Specialist - Immediate Need
YONGSAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL of SEOUL
JOB DESCRIPTION: Data Systems Specialist
Objective: Manages and analyzes data, designs and develops systems for the efficient and effective use of technology in support of educational and operational goals.
Reports To: Director of Technology
- Collaborates and consults with departments to design, develop, implement and support technology systems, databases and applications.
- Develops dashboards, graphs, reports and presentations; identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Models best practices data management; imports, exports, updates and organizes clean data.
- Maintains and monitors security of data; configures data access control; implements and enforces data security policies.
- Optimizes, automates and integrates data systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Develops applications to support educational and operational requirements.
- Performs in-depth diagnostics and preventative maintenance to ensure supported systems are operational.
- Troubleshoots supported system failures and errors; diagnoses, isolates, and resolves complex system problems ensuring timely results and minimal disruption of operations.
- Effectively presents information and provides training on proper systems usage in conjunction with technology team members.
- Creates training documentation to support the efficient and effective of use of data systems and technology.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Accurately organizes and communicates information in various task management tools and file systems to assist with team collaboration and communication.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth and ethical standards to advance the school’s mission, goals, and policies.
- Collaborates and facilitates good working relationships with staff to further technology program development and to ensure efficient operations of software and hardware systems.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances effective communication with administrators, teachers, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
- Computer science, information systems management, or related degree.
- Experience working in a similar position supporting technology systems, databases, and applications.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, data management, SQL and/or database query languages.
- Strong understanding of best security practices as related to data systems management.
- Experience with programming in compiled languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python).
- Experience with cloud development (e.g. Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services) and application protocol interfaces (APIs).
- Ability to communicate to peers, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of teachers or on an individual basis.
- Ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, plan collaboratively and provide feedback effectively.
- Ability to learn various technology operations required for management of student information, learning management and content management systems.
- Desire and ability to learn various technology operations required for management of infrastructure, devices, and data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technically complex information, concepts, and applications to non-technical users in an education environment.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and able to work in a demanding instructional environment.
- Committed to continuous personal and organizational development.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in computers or related field of study.
- Experience with Schoology or similar learning management (LMS) system.
- Experience with PowerSchool or similar student information (SIS) system; or customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS).
- Experience with G Suite Education (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms).
- Experience with academic computing initiatives such as learning management system implementations, school information systems implementations, and 1:1 device management.
- May be called on to perform other responsibilities as appropriate and as assigned based on ongoing organizational needs and strategic direction.
- Abide by and support the policies of YISS and NICS/Oasis.
- Willing and able to be appointed as a NICS/Oasis Missionary.