Physical Education, Secondary
Secondary Physical Education Teacher
- Create positive educational classroom for students to learn in.
- Promote Physical Literacy, Health and Wellbeing
- Support the development of athletics through Athletic Clubs and Extracurricular Activities
- Share the gospel daily with students as a class and individually with the goal of creating disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ensure consistent Biblical Illumination throughout the curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver highly engaging instructional activities based on outcomes of curriculum
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development to meet school and individual goals.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop a professional learning community.
- Build positive relationships with parents and the WNS community.
Direct Supervisor: WNS Secondary Principal
- Have a consistent Christian lifestyle
- Agreement to the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Statement of Faith and completed required NICS processing documents
- Appropriate interpersonal and social skills when relating to students, parents, and other teachers
- ACSI or state certified teacher in elementary physical education
- Commitment to Biblical Illumination throughout the PE curriculum
- Proven experience teaching Physical Literacy and promoting healthy, active lifestyles among Elementary Students.
- Previous coaching experience would be an asset
- Flexibility as subbing may be needed in any grade at short notice
- Effective communication skills with parents and students