English Teacher, Middle School
We are looking for a godly committed teacher to join the Middle School Team. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing lesson plans according to the school’s requirements.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest spiritually and academically and to help foster learning and development.
Middle School English Teacher
- Teach 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade English.
- Willingness to possibly teach an English Elective or Bible.
- Share the gospel daily with students as a class and individually with the goal of creating disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ensure consistent Biblical illumination throughout the curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver highly engaging instructional activities based on outcomes of curriculum
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Build positive relationships with parents and the WNS community.
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning.
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback.
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings.
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars and conferences.
- A consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Preferably an Education Major.
- Preferably State Certified in Education.
- Possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Meet certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency.
- Successful classroom teaching experience or alternate experience working with students.
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized and committed.
- Creative and energetic.
- Agreement to the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Statement of Faith and completed required NICS processing documents.
Direct Supervisor: Secondary Principal
Date Needed: August 2018
West Nairobi High School Profile:
- The middle school at West Nairobi will consist of two sections of 6th and 7th grade for the 2018-2019 school year and one section of 8th grade.
- The middle school will have a projected 80 total students for the 2018-2019 school year.