Elementary Teacher, Grade Four
- Create a positive educational classroom for students to learn in.
- Share the gospel daily with students as a class and individually with the goal of creating disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ensure consistent Biblical Illumination throughout the curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver highly engaging instructional activities based on outcomes of curriculum
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development to meet school and individual goals.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop a professional learning community.
- Build positive relationships with parents and the WNS community.
Direct Supervisor: WNS Elementary Principal
Date Needed: July 2018
- have a consistent Christian lifestyle
- possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Education
- meet certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency
- successful classroom teaching experience or alternate experience working with students
- agreement to the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Statement of Faith and completed required NICS processing documents
- appropriate interpersonal and social skills when relating to students, parents, and other teachers
- effective communication skills with parents and students
West Nairobi elementary profile:
- The elementary at West Nairobi consists of one section (class) of the Early Childhood Learning Center (pre-kindergarten) to grade five.
- The elementary has approximately 150 students.