Administrator, Elementary Principal
The role of the West Nairobi School elementary principal is to provide academic supervision and support for the teaching staff in the elementary.
Direct Supervisor: WNS Director
- evidence of spiritual leadership and maturity
- administrative academic requirements including a master’s degree
- previous teaching experience
- lead teacher or assistant administrator experience preferred
- appropriate interpersonal and social skills when relating to students, parents, and teachers
- effective communication skills with parents, teachers, and students
Basic Job Description:
- assist the director in accomplishing the academic goals of the school
- supervise teaching faculty and staff
- supervise curriculum committees
- assist in organizing professional development for faculty
- administer student discipline
- foster positive relationships with parents and the community
West Nairobi Elementary Profile:
- The elementary at West Nairobi consists of one section (class) of the Early Childhood Learning Center (pre-kindergarten) to grade five.
- The elementary has approximately 150 students.
- The elementary has 12 teaching faculty including art, music, physical education, and special education teachers. Staff includes three-to-four elementary aids.