International Community School
TITLE: School Counselor
REPORTS TO: International Community School Director/Principal
JOB GOAL: To be an advocate for the students by providing them with a place where they can express their emotions and concerns, work towards modifying their behavior and support them in achieving their goals. To carry out this role in accordance with the school mission of providing a holistic education supported by a biblical worldview.
* Provide a safe and confidential counseling environment for all students.
* Meet with parents to discuss concerns, interventions and review progress/ interventions as required.
*Act as a resource and support for teachers and support them in crisis situations.
* Develop and facilitate group programs to support the school’s vision.
* Provide crisis intervention services as required.
* Collaborate with the special education support services within ICS. Referral Services
* Identify local agencies and programs available for referral.
* Provide information and referral services for both students and families.
*Collaborate with other professionals and organizations to identify best practices among the international school community in Singapore and incorporate those standards into ICS policies and practices.
* Maintain and enhance learning through ongoing professional development.
* Seek out peer supervision to ensure a high standard of care to students.
Standards and Policies
* Ensure appropriate crisis reporting to parents, Principals and the Director when breach of confidentiality is required.
* Develop and expand ICS standards and policies as required.
Reporting and Accountability
* Ensure the Director and Principals are regularly updated with School Counselor’s activities and issues as they arise.
* Attend staff meetings and chapel as required.