1. Degree or equivalent experience in Bible, religion, Christian education or other specifically ministry related field.
2. Proven experience in working with students and staff.
3. A Christian with a consistent testimony among their family and/or peers.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills.
5. A self-starter with a vision for the spiritual growth of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director/Principal
JOB GOAL: To minister to the needs of students and faculty; to challenge our campus to set a climate where spiritual issues are a priority; to challenge parents, staff, and students in their walk with the Lord. The Chaplain will work closely with the school administrators to set the theme and spiritual tone of the school. The Chaplain will work with teachers on chapel planning, meet individually with students to learn of their spiritual growth, and help plan and implement spiritual activities throughout the school. The Chaplain’s focus will primarily be on the spiritual needs of the students.
* The Chaplain will be directly accountable to the ICS Director.
* To oversee and give leadership to the spiritual ministries of ICS.
* To provide spiritual support for missionaries and other staff of ICS.
* To be prepared to lead chapel meetings when needed.
* To be available to assist teachers in the classroom when needed.
* To serve as a reference person in connection with the school’s outreach mission’s program.
* Organize/teach at least one class each year for faculty to earn Bible CEU credit from ACSI.
* Communicate to students possible ministry opportunities. ? Help the director make faculty devotion time meaningful and rich.
* Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director.
* The Chaplain will be responsible to coordinate chapels for elementary, middle school, and high school, and ensure a well-rounded chapel program is taking place within the school.
* The Chaplain will work in conjunction with the principals and staff in developing a yearly Chapel program that is age appropriate as well as integrate the overall spiritual theme for the year.
* The Chaplain will work to connect what happens in the Bible classes with the chapels, and then be practiced in outreaches and extra-curricular activities.
* The Chaplain will make every effort to speak to every student in the school one-on-one at least one time throughout a semester by maintaining a regular presence in the canteen and other areas where students congregate when students are generally present.
* The Chaplain will oversee, coordinate and be involved in discipleship ministry through activities such as student Bible studies, prayer groups and worship.