Administrator - Principal
International Community School - Singapore
TITLE: SECONDARY PRINCIPAL
1. A Master’s degree with a major in educational administration.
2. Meets certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency responsible for issuance of school’s accreditation (State License and/or ACSI Certification)
REPORTS TO: Director
SUPERVISES: Division faculty and specific support staff assigned to Division.
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership at the Secondary level developing and maintaining a distinctive Christian educational philosophy and the best possible educational and ministry program and services; to maintain a safe and positive learning environment for students through managing operations and building maintenance personnel
1. Be accountable to the Director for operations of the division.
2. Be responsible to carry out those items at the secondary level that are distinctive of ICS standards and objectives.
3. Provide leadership in the accomplishment of the spiritual mission of the secondary division.
4. Be responsible for expediting directives from the Director concerning matters directly related to the secondary and the operation of the school.
5. Be responsible for the efficient administration and effective functioning of the division.
6. Manage personnel affairs at the secondary level including recommending continuance, dismissal or discipline of secondary staff.
7. Assist the Director in the hiring of secondary faculty and staff members who are evangelical, mission-minded Christians, in agreement with the school’s philosophy and statement of faith, agree to abide by school policies, and are committed to the mission of the school.
8. Lead secondary staff is such a way as to ensure that the mission/philosophy, vision, goals and objectives, and Statement of Faith of ICS are followed and/or achieved.
9. Be responsible for direct supervision of secondary faculty.
10. Conduct division faculty meetings as needed or required.
11. Ensure accurate progress reports and report cards are disseminated to students/parents.
12. Work with Chaplain in coordination of the secondary chapel programs.
13. Coordinate special events related to secondary programs.
14. Supervise instruction, assist teachers, coordinate in-service programs, orientation faculty meetings, etc. related to the secondary.
15. Check teacher lesson plan books and grade books for the secondary.
16. Interview and make recommendations of new student admissions as delegated. Be responsible for placement for secondary students.
17. Secure substitute teachers for the secondary as delegated.
18. Evaluate secondary programs and recommend changes as appropriate.
19. Provide checkouts for assigned staff at the end of year including inventories, cleaning, storage, projected orders, etc.
20. Provide leadership and assistance in the discipline of students.
21. Evaluate programs and personnel and recommend changes as appropriate.
22. Administer the division in accordance with the philosophy, policies and procedures of ICS.
23. Assist Director in development and production of promotional materials.
24. Prepare and present any reports to the Director as requested.
25. Assist with Parent-Teacher activities related to the School.
26. Assist with staff development, retreats, etc. as requested and as needed.
27. Review curriculum, make suggestions for adoption, order and maintain inventories of materials, texts, supplies, etc.
28. Assist in the development of duty rosters, use of facilities and schedules.
29. Train faculty and staff in the routines of daily operations e.g. attendance, records, grading, reporting, etc.
30. Safeguard the interests of the school’s mother organization (Network of International Christian Schools) and her mission.
31. Assist in public relations, addressing requests, and answering inquiries.
32. Other duties as assigned by Director.