English Teacher, Secondary
Secondary English Teaching Position Requirements
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
Under the guidance of the Director and the secondary lead teacher the secondary math teacher shall be responsible for the following:
- Teach 5 classes following prescribed standards and benchmarks as assigned by the administrator.
- Possible Classes
- English Literature & Composition I
- English Literature & Composition II
- American Literature
- AP English Language & Composition
Community Development and Outreach
- Supervise an extra-curricular student activity/club
- Facilitate a community outreach opportunity for students at least once each semester
- Communicate to the community through personal witness, school programs and activities, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for and work toward the salvation of every student.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Act as appropriate Christian role models in appearance and actions.
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Develop and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, students, and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.