English/ Social Studies Teacher, Grades 7 & 8
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
Under the guidance of the Director and secondary lead teacher the teacher shall be responsible for the following:
- Teach 5 classes to grades 7 & 8 following prescribed standards and benchmarks as assigned by the administrator.
- Middle school teachers will be expected to teach 2-3 of the following subject areas:
- English 7
- History 7
- Bible 7 or 8
- English 8
- History 8
Community Development and Outreach
- Supervise an extra-curricular student activity/club (at least one day a week for at least one semester a year.)
- Facilitate a community outreach opportunity for students at least once each semester
- Communicate to the community through personal witness, school programs and activities, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for and work toward the salvation of every student.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Act as appropriate Christian role models in appearance and actions.
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Develop and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, students, and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.