EFL Coordinator Position Requirements
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
Under the guidance of the Director the EFL Coordinator / teacher shall be responsible for the following:
- Teach 4 classes following prescribed standards and benchmarks as assigned by the administrator.
- Teach EFL classes - all levels and ages (primarily & secondary)
- Organize and administer English-level testing for admissions, class placement, after school or vacation program placement, and program graduation
- Maintain up-to-date individual learning plans (ILP) and level information on all EFL students
- Complete remediation forms for low-scoring students
- Write and communicate semester reports for parents
- Lead and develop EFL teaching staff, direct meetings, and coordinate completion of tasks
- Meet with mainstream teachers regarding appropriate accommodations for EFL
Community Development and Outreach
- Supervise an extra-curricular student activity/club
- Facilitate a community outreach opportunity for students at least once each semester
- Communicate to the community through personal witness, school programs and activities, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for and work toward the salvation of every student.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Act as appropriate Christian role models in appearance and actions.
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Develop and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, students, and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.