Social Studies Teacher, Secondary
Secondary Social Studies Teacher
International Christian School - Caracas, a member of the Network of International Christian Schools, seeks a passionate and mission-minded educator to joins its faculty as a Secondary Social Studies Teacher. We enroll students from around 15 countries in our PreK-12th grade program and our graduates go on to university in the U.S. and other locations outside of Venezuela. Our faculty have the opportunity to make an eternal impact on their students, inside and outside of the classroom, by providing a comprehensive education, from a biblical perspective, for the international community in Caracas.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position involves teaching social studies classes for 6th-12th grade, in addition to serving as a member of the secondary team. All secondary teachers participate in secondary chapel, advise students as part of the school’s advisory program, and lead clubs and other activities. We expect all faculty members to be fully engaged in the life and mission of the school, in and out of the classroom.
Education and Experience
Educational requirements include a bachelor's degree, with a master’s preferred (but not required), and certification (licensure) through a U.S. state or ACSI. Previous teaching experience is not required, but experience working with English language learners and/or TCKs is preferred.
Skills and Characteristics
Teaching, advising, and personal skills and traits required for success in this position at our school include:
- The ability to make instructional decisions in social studies classes that demonstrate a worldview that is founded on biblical principles.
- Utilizing research to improve teaching practice in order to meet student needs.
- Committed to hold oneself and students to a high level of integrity in both work and relationships.
- Consistency in challenging students to pursue their highest standard of achievement.
- Appropriately supporting and advocating for the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being of my students.
ICS is looking for a teacher in love with God, passionate about teaching social studies, and excited about ministry with international students. Join the community of believers at ICS Caracas and work as a team to further His kingdom by providing passionate competent teaching from a biblical perspective for the international community of Caracas, Venezuela.
Compensation and Benefits
ICS provides compensation and benefits that allow a teacher to live and serve in Caracas without the need for support raising. Benefits include:
- Round-trip flight
- Transportation to/from work
- International health insurance (coverage in the US, Venezuela, and around the world)
- Continuing education assistance
Apply at http://www.nics.org/accounts/apply/
For more information about ICS Caracas or to view other open positions, visit http://www.nics.org/schools/international-christian-school-caracas/ and www.icscaracas.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.