Elementary Teacher - Grades 4/5 & Grade 6 English/Social Studies
Position: Elementary or Secondary Teacher
Responsible to: Director
1. Must have a solid Christian experience and give evidence of commitment to the Lord by a consistent Christian lifestyle.
2. Possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
3. Meet certification requirements of recognized accrediting agency.
4. Have had successful classroom teaching experience or alternate experience working with students.
5. In agreement with the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Statement of Faith and completed required NICS processing documents.
1. Assess the needs of students through diagnostic procedures in assigned subject areas and relate instructional objectives to these needs. Plan, prepare, and execute appropriate lessons utilizing appropriate resource materials and activities.
2. Maintain student records as required by the administration.
3. Communicate with parents, students, and other staff when appropriate regarding student behavioral and academic progress.
4. Promote and follow ICAN “Targets for Learners” for classroom learning.
5. Follow prescribed scope and sequence to met school-adopted expectations and standards.
6. Follow ICAN policies and procedures, as well as all provisions of employment contract.
7. Assess academic progress of assigned students on a regular basis and provide reports as required.
8. Maintain proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises utilizing discipline consistent with school-wide discipline expectations.
9. Employ a variety of instructional aides, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to meet multiple modalities of learning.
10. Promote student learning through mastery of the subject material utilizing accepted teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the ICAN curriculum guide and ICAN school philosophy.
11. Integrate biblical principles and Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum.
12. Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
13. Complete the Christian Philosophy of Education in-service program within the first two years of teaching at ICAN.
14. Arrive on time, attend and participate in devotions, teachers’ meetings, and other programs as assigned or requested by the administration.
15. Do supervisory duty as assigned (i.e., before school, break, lunch, after school, etc.)
16. Maintain classroom as a clean and educationally stimulating environment.
17. Maintain and report regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s progress.
18. Submit all reports to the administration as requested.
19. Cooperate with the ICAN administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
20. Complete professional programs as required by the administration or ICAN/NICS policies.
21. Maintain teaching credentials as required by sponsoring certification agency (ACSI, state/provincial education departments) except when exempted by contractual agreement.
22. Safeguard the interests and mission of the parent organization, Network of International Christian Schools.
23. Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
24. Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by personal example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
25. Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
26. Develop and maintain rapport with faculty/staff, students, and parents by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
27. Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to school and mission personnel placed in authority.
28. Accept responsibility for other assigned duties deemed necessary by the school administrator.